Homemade Sugar Stars
- 1/2 cup white candy melts or candy coating
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups white candy melts or candy coating
- 1 cup red candy melts or candy coating
- 1 cup blue candy melts or candy coating
- 1/4 cup red and blue mini M&M candies
- 2 tablespoons red, white and blue sprinkles
- To make the Homemade Sugar Stars, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Melt 1/2 cup white candy melts according to package directions. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into piping bag and cut a very small opening in the tip.
- Pipe small stars onto prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar while still wet.
- Let dry 5 minutes or until solid. Remove from baking mat and set aside.
- Prepare Patriotic Bark: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Separate candy melts by color into 3 bowls and melt according to package directions. Stir until smooth.
- Pour white candy melts onto lined baking sheet and use a spatula to spread into an even layer.
- Dollop and drizzle melted red and blue candy melts over white chocolate.
- Tap baking sheet onto a hard surface.
- Add sugar stars.
- Sprinkle with M&M candies and sprinkles.
- Let sit at room temperature or in the fridge for 15-30 minute or until solid. Break or cut into shards.
- Store in an airtight container
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.