- 1 (17.3 ounce) package puff pastry
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries
- Zest of 1/2 large lemon
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Imperial Sugar Turbinado, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Thaw puff pastry according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a medium bowl, add blackberries, lemon zest, granulated sugar, salt, and flour. Gently toss to combine and evenly coat blackberries.
- Beat egg with a fork until completely blended. Set aside along with a pastry brush.
- Gently roll out each sheet of puff pastry to be slightly larger. Cut puff pastry sheet into 8 squares.
- Brush a thin layer of beaten egg on 2 joining sides of each square.
- Divide blackberry filling evenly between squares.
- Fold each square in half to create a triangle and gently seal edges. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush remaining egg wash on the top of each turnover. Use a sharp knife to cut a small gash in each turnover for venting. Sprinkle with turbinado.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- Frozen blackberries may be used in place of fresh. If using frozen blackberries, thaw completely first. Thoroughly drain the liquid from the thawed berries, then proceed as directed.
- Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash @houseofnasheats.