- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 lime, juice and zest of (about 2 teaspoons)
- 4-5 large mint leaves, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light rum
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until well combined. Zest and juice lime and add to butter mixture.
- Using a food processor (or a sharp knife), finely chop mint leaves and add to butter/sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla, mint, and egg; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour, a little at a time to wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Use a small cookie scoop and drop rounded balls onto a cookie sheet either lined with parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat. Use the back of your fingers to gently flatten the cookies. Bake for 10 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- For icing, whisk together powdered sugar, lime, and rum until completely smooth. The consistency will be that of royal icing. Transfer to a piping bag to best control icing the cookies. Ice each cookie, gently shaking to smooth out the icing. Garnish with additional lime zest and colored nonpareils (optional).
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Aimee Broussard @AimeeBroussard.com.