- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (10 oz) jar maraschino cherries, cherries chopped and juice reserved
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 few drops pink food coloring
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 40 unwrapped Hershey’s Kiss Candies
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment mix butter and powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth.
- Add salt, 1 tablespoon of cherry juice, almond extract, vanilla extract, and 2 drops pink food coloring. Mix until combined, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour, mixing until dough just comes together.
- Stir in chopped cherries.
- Using a small (1 1/2 tablespoons) cookie scoop, portion out dough and roll into balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet 2-inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.
- Immediately press candy kiss into center of each cookie.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.