- 8 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- Grated peel of one lemon (no white bitter pith)
- Grated peel of one orange (no white bitter pith)
- 6 cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 8 allspice berries
Apple Cider Mimosa
- 3 cups prepared apple cider, chilled
- 1 bottle (750ml) champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- Sliced oranges, cranberries, and cinnamon sticks for garnish
- To make the Apple Cider, place peels and spices in a cheesecloth bundle, tied, so the spices are secure.
- In a stainless steel pot, combine cider, brown sugar, and spice bundle. Bring to a boil, then turn to a light simmer and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To make the mimosas, fill each glass with 4-6 ounces of chilled apple cider. Top with champagne and garnish with sliced oranges, cranberries, and cinnamon sticks.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Terri Truscello Miller from @LoveandConfections.