- 2 bars (3 1/2 oz each) premium dark chocolate (cocoa content between 55 and 60% cocoa mass)
- 2 cups strawberries (preferably frozen and organic)
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 12-16 ounces chocolate coating (wafers/candy melts)
- Chop chocolate bars into small pieces and place in a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients. Set aside.
- Puree defrosted berries until smooth. Measure 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon strawberry puree (any extra can be added to sparkling water for a fruit-infused drink) and place puree in a saucepan with sugar and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour into bowl containing chopped chocolate. Stir using a whisk until all chocolate is melted.
- Chop freeze dried strawberries into small pieces. Lots of strawberry powder will be created and that is fine. Add all of it to the above mixture.
- Allow mixture to firm up for 3-4 hours or overnight or until firm enough to be scooped and hold its shape.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out strawberry ganache into round balls. Remaining ganache can be pressed and rolled by hand into balls. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate coating according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Place some chocolate coating on the palm of your hand and roll a round ganache ball into it. Place on plastic-lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all is done. If chocolate coating becomes too firm and/or cold reheat it. Roll truffles a second time into chocolate coating.
- If desired decorate truffles with a small piece of freeze-dried strawberries adhered to truffles using a small amount of coating.
- Keep truffles refrigerated.
Prepare these with chocolate containing between 55 and 60% cocoa to ensure filling properly sets.