- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 can (21-oz) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9X13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar together for 2 minutes. Add vanilla, eggs, baking powder, and salt. Mix for 1-2 more minutes, until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
- Spread two-thirds of batter into bottom of prepared pan. Spread cherry filling evenly on top. Drop remaining batter by tablespoon onto top of cherry filling. Bake for 45-50 minutes until edges are golden and center is set.
- Allow to cool in the pan completely.
- For the glaze, whisk powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl and drizzle on top. Allow glaze to set and serve.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.