- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (Vietnamese preferred)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable/olive oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (Vietnamese preferred)
- 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 large egg
- Zest of 2 oranges, no white bitter pith
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blackberries plus more for decorating
- Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar (optional for dusting)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare 9-inch round or an 8X8-inch square baking pan by spraying with non-stick spray or buttering pan completely. Set aside.
- Prepare streusel by combining flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Pour in oil and rub together until crumbles form. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, and salt together and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk oil and egg together. Add orange zest, orange juice, salt, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix briefly, mixture should look undermixed. Add blackberries and fold in gently in without over mixing. (Too much mixing makes cake less tender.)
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and cover with streusel.
- Place in oven for approximately 32-35 minutes (slightly less if using a 9X9-inch pan) or until light golden brown and center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Decorate with additional berries and dust with confectioners sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.