- 2/3 bag unsweetened coconut
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pecan pieces
- 2/3 cup apricot fruit spread
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place about 1/3 bag of coconut in a small food processor or blender and chop until very fine but not until flour is made. Measure 1/2 cup. Any remaining coconut will be used later.
- Combine flour and baking soda together. Stir in finely mixed coconut and set aside.
- Cream butter until smooth, add sugar and cream further. Add egg, vanilla, and salt and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture all at once and mix barely and until almost dough forms, do not over mix. Add pecans and mix briefly until combined.
- Scoop dough in generous tablespoon amounts and shape into spheres, roll into remaining coconut and place on parchment lined or lightly buttered cookie sheets.
- Press an indention in the center of sphere. Repeat using remaining dough.
- In each indention place a generous teaspoon of apricot fruit spread.
- Place in oven and bake until light golden, about 12 minutes.