- 20 maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 24 ounces white candy melts, almond bark, or melting wafers
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles (you can use rainbow-colored candy coated chocolate sprinkles, jimmies, or nonpareils)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Set maraschino cherry halves on a few layers of paper towels and pat them dry.
- Allow cherries to air dry for at least 10 minutes then pat dry again and set aside.
- Pour white candy melts into a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in microwave on high power, for 30 second increments, stirring after each until melted.
- Spread white chocolate in a thin, even layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Immediately arrange maraschino cherries over top, spacing them out evenly.
- Then toss chopped peanuts and sprinkles over top.
- Refrigerate tray of bark for about 10 minutes just until candy hardens.
- For chocolate topping, combine vanilla ice cream and powdered sugar in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat on high power for 20 seconds. Remove and stir.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to combine. Heat for another 10 seconds on high power.
- Let bowl sit in microwave for 3 minutes then remove and stir until chocolate melts until it becomes shiny.
- Let chocolate topping cool for 5 minutes.
- Then pour into a small zip top bag and snip the tip off one end of the bag.
- Squeeze bag and drizzle chocolate over tray of white chocolate bark.
- Let chocolate dry for at least 15 minutes before breaking bark into pieces.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe created for Imperial Sugar by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.