- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups diced fresh peaches
- Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar (optional for dusting before serving)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan with baking spray and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy (about 4 minutes). Gradually add sugar.
- Add extract, flour, baking powder, and salt and beat until smooth.
- Fold in nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly to corners.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until top springs back when touched.
- Loosen cake from edges. Place another sheet of parchment on top of cake and turn out onto cooling rack.
- Peel bottom parchment off cake slowly. Place another clean sheet of parchment on cake.
- Starting at short side, roll up cake with parchment in it. Let cake cool completely.
- Chill metal bowl and wire whisk attachment in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Beat heavy cream and brown sugar until stiff peaks form. Place in refrigerator.
- Place butter in pan and melt over medium heat. Stir in sugar and cinnamon.
- Add peaches and stir until sugar is dissolved and peaches are warmed through and coated.
- Drain liquid and let cool.
- Unroll cake, removing parchment. Spread half whipped cream over cake. Arrange cooled peaches on top of cream.
- Roll cake up slowly. Place seam side down on serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Chill.
- Spoon remaining whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with icing tip 1M. Pipe swirls of cream on top of cake. Garnish with peach slices and mint leaves, if desired.