- 1 (14 ounce) package Golden Oreos
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons coconut rum, optional
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, very well drained
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 36 stemless maraschino cherries
- 2 (10 ounce packages) Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers
- Toasted unsweetened shredded coconut, for topping
- Line a 9X13-inch baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the entire Oreo cookie including the cream filling and powdered sugar in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Add cream cheese and coconut rum and pulse in bursts until well combined.
- Fold in crushed pineapple (that has had all the juice squeezed out) and shredded coconut.
- Place mixture in freezer for about 20 minutes to help firm. Do not fully freeze.
- Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of truffle filling at a time. Place maraschino cherry in center of filling and form into 1.5 inch balls. Place truffle balls on prepared cookie sheet.
- Place truffles in freezer for 20 minutes. Melt wafers according to directions on package.
- Remove truffles from freezer. Working one at a time, dip frozen truffles in melted white chocolate and return to baking sheet. Sprinkle immediately with toasted coconut.
- Allow chocolate to harden, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to a week before serving.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.