- 4 full-sized graham crackers, crushed (3/4 cup crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup broken milk chocolate pieces or milk chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large muffin tin with cupcake liners or coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- For streusel, in a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Stir to combine and streusel comes together. Set aside.
- For muffins, in a large bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together buttermilk, egg, oil, honey, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir until combined and smooth.
- To assembly, place 2 tablespoons of batter into each lined muffin tins. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of marshmallow creme on top of batter. Then spoon remaining batter evenly on top of muffins.
- Sprinkle streusel evenly on top of batter.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until tops are golden and set.
- When muffins come out of oven, immediately press milk chocolate evenly into tops.
- Allow muffins to cool in tin for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.