- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 3/4 cup chocolate, melted
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together melted butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in flour and salt, stirring until everything is well blended.
- Press into a 9-inch pie plate and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over dough. Top with coconut. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over top until everything is lightly coated. Finally pour caramel sauce evenly over top.
- Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes until it is bubbly and center appears golden and dry.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Drizzle melted chocolate over top.
- Let pie rest for at least 4 hours to firm up before slicing.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.