- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, Vietnamese preferred
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom or pinch nutmeg
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and all spices. Set aside.
- Mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and molasses and mix until well combined.
- Add egg and mix until creamy. Add sour cream. At this stage, mixture may look a little curdled.
- Add dry ingredients in one step and mix until just combined.
- Scoop into double tablespoon amounts and place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Place in oven bake about 10-11 minutes. Move to a wire rack to cool.