- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen cherries
- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine cherries, cranberries, cornstarch, flour, sugar, and almond extract.
- Transfer into a 9-inch glass pie pan and set aside.
- For topping, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and sugar. Grate cold butter on small eyes of a grater (just like grating cheese).
- Using fingers stir and press mixture until it forms small crumbles.
- Sprinkle onto fruit. Place pie onto a sheet of aluminum foil (to catch any drippings) and place in oven.
- Bake until fruit mixture makes thick bubbles, primarily on sides and some in center as well, about 1 hour, if both fruits were frozen. Slightly less if cranberries were not frozen.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).