- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk (2% or whole)
- 3/4 cup cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 8 ounces whipped cream for topping
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together dry ingredients for cake.
- Add oil, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin, and whisk to combine and form a batter.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over top of cake.
- Whisk together the milk, cream, sweetened condensed, and evaporated milk.
- Pour milk mixture over cake. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (all liquid should be absorbed).
- Spread whipped topping over cake and sprinkle with cinnamon. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @keatseats.