- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup food grade paraffin wax
- Add melted butter, sugar, peanut butter, evaporated milk, and vanilla to a medium bowl. Mix well. Add in coconut and walnuts. Chill for at least two hours.
- Roll into small balls and place on a baking sheet. Chill for another hour.
- Melt chocolate chips and paraffin over in a double boiler. Dip chilled balls in chocolate. Place back on baking sheet to set. May refrigerate or serve at room temperature.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This recipe comes from Sweetalk member Lois Chapman who won First Place in the Favorite Candy category at the 2019 Louisiana State Fair.
Paraffin wax is used to make fruits, vegetables, and candy look shiny; it also helps slow down moisture loss and spoilage.