- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter (for dairy-free, use vegetable oil)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate (50-55% cocoa mass content)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 320°F. For easy removal from pan, line parchment paper on bottom and sides of an 8 x 8-inch square pan. Alternatively, spread melted butter on bottom and sides.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Combine butter, water, and sugar in a saucepan and stir to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in salt and chocolate until no lumps remain.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs until well blended. Add sugar and whisk vigorously for 1 minute until well combined. Add melted chocolate along with salt and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread batter into pan and bake until center of brownies feels slightly firm when pressed with a finger, about 30 minutes.
- Once cooled remove from pan and cut in small pieces.