- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 25 ounces brioche bread, cubed
Boozy Butter Sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cram
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 6 (1 cup) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine butter, eggs, sugar, milk, cream, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Add brioche. Gently mix until coated.
- Equally divide mixture between ramekins.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until tops are golden and center is set.
- For sauce, in a heavy bottom saucepan heat butter over medium heat. When melted add sugar and cream. Mix until combined. Remove from heat. Add bourbon.
- Prior to serving drizzle sauce on top of mini bread puddings OR dust with powdered sugar.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.