- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, divided
- 2 (20 oz) cans crushed pineapple in juice, well-drained, reserving juice
- 1 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 container (8 oz) whipped topping
- 1 store-bought shortbread pie crust
- Toast 1/2 cup shredded coconut in a skillet over medium heat until brown, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add reserved juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Pour into a medium bowl, cover, and chill for 30 minutes or until cool.
- When completely cooled, stir in crushed pineapple and 1 cup coconut.
- Pour into pie crust. Chill until set. When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This recipe was shared with us by Sweetalk member Linda Durant. Pineapple Pie won Second Place in the Favorite Pie category at the 2019 Louisiana State Fair!