- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cooked white rice to serve
- Optional Garnishes: sesame seeds and/or sliced green onions
- Mix soy sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and sesame oil together until sugar is dissolved and well blended.
- Place chicken in bottom of a slow cooker and pour sauce mixture over top.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Once chicken is done, remove and chop or shred. Mix together water and cornstarch; set aside.
- Pour sauce in bottom of slow cooker through a strainer into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Mix in cornstarch mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes until it is thick.
- Add chicken to pan and toss to coat.
- Serve over rice garnished with sesame seeds and green onions if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.