Mini Chocolate Tart Crust
- 1 stick unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
Chocolate Filling and Finish
- 1/2 cup whipping or heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons 50-55%chocolate chips
- 1 container (16 oz) container strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Prepare tart crust: Mix butter and powdered sugar using a paddle attachment until well blended. Add egg and mix until well combined. Add salt and vanilla.
- Sift together flour and cocoa powder and in one step, add to above. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Press dough evenly flat onto a sheet of plastic food film. Place dough in refrigerator or freezer for at least 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Meanwhile chill work surface area that you will be rolling dough on by placing one or 2 cookie sheets filled with ice cubes on the area.
- Set aside 26 mini tart pans (also known as petit four molds) or use a mini tart which has 12 mini tart pan indentations. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle chilled area lightly with flour and roll dough 2-3 credit cards thick. Using a cutter with slightly larger diameter than mini tart pan, cut circles.
- Place dough into tart pan and press dough well into pans.
- Prick bottoms and place in oven. After about 4-5 minutes check tarts. If bubbles are developing prick these with a fork or tip of a paring knife. Bake until dough has lost its sheen and feels firm when pressed. About 10 minutes total. Actual time will depend on thickness of dough. Once shells are cold, if they are not crisp, return to oven for a few minutes.
- For filling, in a saucepan combine whipping cream and sugar and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate.
- Pour in a measuring cup and fill individual tart shells. Place in refrigerator until chocolate filling has set, about 40 minutes.
- Decorate with a halved strawberry and sprinkle with powdered sugar.