Concha Banana Chocolate Pudding
- 2 conchas
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped topping
- Cut conchas into slices, reserving any crunchy topping that falls off when slicing.
- Combine sugar, unsweetened cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk in milk, bring to a boil, and stir continuously for two minutes.
- Carefully remove from heat, stir in butter and vanilla and allow to cool. Chill until ready to serve.
- To assemble spread a thin layer of pudding on bottom of four glasses, top with concha slices and banana slices. Add another thin layer of pudding and top with banana slices. Top with whipped topping and garnish with reserved crunchy concha topping.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Note: The chocolate pudding can be made up to two days in advance.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com.