Vanilla Cream Pudding
- 1 package (5.1 oz) vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles or jimmies
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup salted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon imitation butter flavoring (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles or jimmies, plus more for the tops
- Sprinkles or jimmies
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Whisk pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Press a piece of plastic wrap on top and refrigerate.
- Make cookies. Preheat oven to 350F°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour and baking powder. Set aside. Cream butter and sugar for several minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk, and extracts. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl as needed.
- On low speed, mix in flour in two additions. Stir in 2 tablespoons sprinkles.
- Portion dough with a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop onto prepared sheets. Press extra sprinkles on top. Bake for 10 minutes or until baked through. Remove to a wire cooling rack; cool completely.
- Assemble parfaits. Stir 1 cup thawed whipped topping into pudding. Spoon a small amount into each glass. Top with crumbled cookies. Add another layer of pudding. Add more crumbled cookies. Top with a small dollop of pudding or more whipped topping. Scatter on sprinkles.
- May be assembled ahead and refrigerated. The cookies will soften as parfaits sit.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.