Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
Mexican Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 Abuelita Chocolate tablets, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup coffee
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- Whipped topping
- Grated chocolate
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until combined. Press into a 9-inch springform pan gently pressing into pan and slightly up edges.
- Bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven and cool completely. Reduce oven to 325°F.
- For filling, place chocolate in bowl. Warm coffee in microwave and pour over chocolate, stir to melt chocolate. If needed heat chocolate in 10 second intervals until all chocolate is melted; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add salt and sugar, mix until creamy scraping down sides.
- Add sour cream and vanilla extract, mix well. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until just blended. Sprinkle in flour and continue to mix. Scrape bowl down and mix until completely smooth. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Place prepared crust on baking sheet and pour cheesecake into crust. Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 300°F and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes or until edges are set.
- After 30 minutes, turn off oven leaving oven door closed and allow cheesecake to rest in oven for an hour.
- Cool completely, cover and place in fridge to chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, carefully remove from springform pan. Top with whipped topping and garnish with grated chocolate.