- 4 cups water
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest plus more for garnish
- Combine water, sugar and lime juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes. Liquid will thicken bit into a syrup consistency. Remove from heat, stir in lime zest and set aside to cool.
- Pour syrup into a 9 x 5 x 3- inch loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer, scrape frozen syrup with a fork thoroughly. Place back into freezer and chill overnight. Scoop, serve, and sprinkle with more lime zest if desired. Enjoy.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.