- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup buttermilk (no substitutions)
Sweet Butter Glaze
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Generously grease a bundt pan. Set aside.
- For cake, use an electric mixer to beat together melted butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour and buttermilk. Whisk just until a smooth batter forms.
- Transfer batter prepared bundt pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cake rest in pan while preparing glaze.
- For glaze, in a medium saucepan whisk together sugar, butter, water, and vanilla extract over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat when butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Using a toothpick, poke holes all over top of cake. Spoon butter sauce over cake while it’s still warm. Use a rubber spatula to gently separate cake from pan and allow sauce to run down sides.
- Once cake has cooled, invert cake onto a serving plate. Store airtight at room temperature.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @keatseats.