- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini vanilla wafer cookies, crumbled
- Warm half and half and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, salt and mashed bananas.
- Pour mixture into a container. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of mixture and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pour chilled ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and churn 20 minutes or according to ice cream manufacturer’s instructions.
- With 2 minutes left of churning, pour in crushed vanilla wafer cookies and continue churning.
- Spoon ice cream into a freezer safe container. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Optional top with extra vanilla wafer cookies and sliced banana.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Heather Seeley @FoodLovinFamily.