Jelly Donut Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cake spice**
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10 or 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cake spice (or cinnamon). Make a well in center.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, and extracts and mix just until smooth. Add melted butter and sour cream and mix again.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes. Flip cake out onto a plate and cool another 10 minutes.
- Flip cake back into pan. Use a wooden spoon handle to poke holes in cake, 2 inches deep and 1 1/2 inches apart around center of cake.
- Heat jam in microwave safe bowl for 15-20 seconds. Stir until jam is smooth and pourable. Pour jam into holes in cake. As it settles in holes, add more jam.
- Let cake cool 1 hour. Flip cake onto serving plate.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients and spoon on top of cake. Use a pastry brush to spread glaze evenly over cake. Let set before serving.
**In lieu of cake spice, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon can be substituted
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.