- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- Eggs, oil, and water for the cake mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Evenly scatter coconut and pecans over bottom of pan.
- Make red velvet cake batter according to package instructions.
- Pour cake batter over coconut and pecans.
- Combine cream cheese, melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt in a bowl. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture evenly over top of cake batter. Sprinkle cake with half of semisweet and white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean with just a few crumbs. Sprinkle with reserved chocolate chips. Cool completely.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.