- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cups blueberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add all blueberry sauce ingredients to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring and breaking up blueberries with back of spoon.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened
- Remove sauce from heat, allow to cool and use to glaze chicken. Store remaining sauce, covered in fridge for up to one month.
- When ready to cook chicken, preheat oven to 425°F. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Stir together 1 cup sauce and olive oil, pour over chicken, turn to coat, and arrange on baking sheet skin side up.
- Bake 20 minutes. Brush chicken with remaining 1/2 cup sauce, return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.