- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate melting wafers (optional)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until frothy. Add sugar, flour, lime zest, lime juice, vanilla, and salt. Beat again. Stir in coconut until moistened.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 20-22 minutes until slightly browned around edges. Remove from oven and cool.
- If desired, dip bottoms of cooled cookies in melted white chocolate, then return to parchment-lined baking sheet to set up before serving.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.