- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra-Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a muffin pan with baking spray.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add to flour mixture and stir gently just until combined.
- Stir in pineapple and 3/4 cup of coconut.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until done. Cool before serving.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.