- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, preferably unsweetened (can be all-natural)
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar or Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar (loosely filled, not packed)
- 1/2 cup very ripe smashed/pureed bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup dark or milk chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, mix butter and peanut butter until well combined.
- Add both sugars and mix. Add banana puree and vanilla. Once combined add chocolate chips.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop dough in 2 tablespoon amounts about 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for about 10-11 minutes or until center of cookies is no longer wet.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.