- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) Greek yogurt (2% or full fat), room temperature
- 1 package (12 oz) frozen mango chunks, thawed
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse crust ingredients together until combined. Press into bottom of 9-inch square or round springform pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven onto a cooling rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on low speed until no lumps remain. Add in sugar and salt. Continue mixing on low until ingredients are incorporated. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until fully incorporated. Continue scraping down sides and bottom of bowl as needed. Keeping mixer on low speed, add lemon juice, vanilla, and Greek yogurt. (Stir yogurt first if it has separated while coming to room temperature.) Mix just until combined.
- Pour filling into pan and bake for 55-70 minutes or until cheesecake is set on sides and jiggles a bit in center when pan is shaken. Turn oven off and crack oven door. Leave cheesecake in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and run a thin knife along edge of pan. Let cheesecake continue to cool to room temperature. Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours to chill completely.
- For Mango Gelee, puree thawed mango chunks until smooth. Set aside to come to room temperature.
- Sprinkle gelatin powder over water, then stir to combine. It will not look smooth. Let sit for 5 minutes. Microwave mixture for 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. If gelatin has not dissolved, microwave again in 5-second increments.
- Add 1/2 cup room temperature mango puree and lemon juice to gelatin. Stir, then let sit for 5 minutes. Pour over chilled cheesecake, tilting pan to distribute evenly. Use a toothpick to pop any large air bubbles.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set gelee.
- To serve, use a knife dipped in hot water and wiped between cuts or a string of plain dental floss to make sharp edges.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: if making crumbs from graham crackers, you’ll need about 2 sleeves. Whir on high speed in food processor until very fine crumbs are formed. Measure out 2 cups and continue with recipe.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.