- One 750-milliliter bottle red wine*
- 4 ounces brandy
- 3 ounces Simple Syrup
- 8 ounces club soda
- 1 cup mixed fruit of choice (lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit, apple, pear, peach, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)
- Prepare Simple Syrup and let cool.
- In a pitcher, combine red wine, brandy, Simple Syrup, and fruit of choice.
- Refrigerate for 4-8 hours until sangria is chilled and the flavors have melded.
- Just before serving, add club soda and gently stir.
- Serve chilled in ice-filled wine glasses with sliced fruit as a garnish.
Imperial Sugar Insight
*Fruity red wines with low tannins, such as merlot, tempranillo, malbec, pinot noir, and zinfandel, are all good choices for sangria. As long as you like the taste of the wine on its own, it will work well for sangria.