- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a sheet pan with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan add butter and brown sugar. Set saucepan over medium-high heat and stir as butter melts. Once melted bring to a boil and let boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour hot butter/sugar mixture over saltine crackers making sure to try and cover all crackers. You can spread it with a spatula to help push mixture evenly over crackers.
- Place sheet pan in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scatter top with chocolate chips. Let them sit for 5 minutes. Heat from toffee will help melt chocolate.
- Using an offset spatula, gently smooth out melted chocolate chips.
- Top with toasted coconut and let sit until cooled and chocolate is set.
- Once chocolate is hardened, break apart by hand into pieces. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.