- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt if using unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup roasted (not raw) peanuts (lightly salted or unsalted)
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Combine sugar, water, vanilla extract, and salt (if using) in a sauté pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add peanuts and toss in syrup. Cook a few minutes until most of syrup is evaporated. Remove from heat. Stir peanuts until a white grainy coating develops on surface of nuts.
- Turn heat back on to medium and toss peanuts until white coating caramelizes and they sound “dry.”
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and remove from heat. Let peanuts cool on parchment paper.
- Store airtight.
Please watch our video on Candied Pecans as it is the same procedure as for candied peanuts.