- 1 frozen pound cake loaf (10.75 oz), thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries, crushed + 2 tablespoons, finely crushed
- 16 ounces white candy coating
- Crumble pound cake into a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, extract and 1/2 cup crushed freeze-dried strawberries.
- Mix by hand or an electric mixer, until well combined into a dough.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball.
- Place on a baking sheet (one that will fit into fridge). Continue until all dough is rolled.
- Place into fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions.
- Dip each truffle into candy coating, rolling to coat entire truffle.
- Place on a piece of parchment paper and sprinkle with finely crushed freeze-dried strawberries while candy coating is wet. Continue with all truffles.
- Let sit about 10 minutes to harden.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- Many of the Strawberry Shortcake Truffle recipes you find online contain Golden Oreos, but we found that results in a processed flavor that doesn't have the same mouthfeel as a traditional truffle.
- Strawberry Shortcake Truffles make a great gift. If giving them as a Valentine's Day present, print these Valentine's gift bag toppers and package in clear cellophane bags.
- We also have all-season gift tags for you to print at home.
- Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.