3 Step Butter Cream Frosting
- 1/2 cup + 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 1 box (16 oz.) Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Mix butter until light and fluffy. Add one cup of powdered sugar and combine well.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until light and creamy.
- Add milk, vanilla and salt. Mix until fluffy.
Try these flavor variations:
Expresso: Add 3 tablespoons instant coffee to milk and stir until dissolved.
Lemon or lime: Omit vanilla extract and milk, add 4 tablespoons lemon or lime juice. If desired add zest-no white bitter pith- of 2 lemons.
Cinnamon: Add 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
Peppermint: Omit vanilla extract and add 1 teaspoon peppermint extract.
Orange: Omit milk and vanilla extract and add 6 tablespoons defrosted frozen orange juice concentrate.
I love this frosting is is so fluffy