7-Up Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, soft
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, no white bitter pith
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, no white bitter pith
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lemon lime soda
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 9- or 10-inch tube or a bundt pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated. Scrape bowl often. Whip until mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla and citrus zest.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. On low speed, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients alternating with lemon-lime soda.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Place in oven and bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean. About 75-80 minutes. Let sit in pan for 15 minutes before removing.
Imperial Sugar Insight
If you are looking for the ultimate moist pound cake, this one is it!