Almond Chocolate Samosas
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly butter sheet.
- While working with phyllo, keep it well wrapped to prevent drying out.
- Cut phyllo into 1 1/2-inch wide lengthwise strips. Melt butter and brush a very thin layer onto each strip.
- At one end, place a generous teaspoon of almond paste. Top with about 4-5 chocolate chips and a sprinkle of sugar.
- Fold filling over in a 45-degree angle to create a triangle and keep folding over and over continuing the triangle shape.
- Place on cookie sheet. Continue until all are used.
- Brush triangles with egg white and then top with a few almond slices and a sprinkle of sugar.
- Place in oven for approximately 22 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Best served warm.
Authentic Samosa pastry sheets can be found in specialty stores but are not required. Using phyllo dough provides a delicious result as well.