Almond Joy Fudge
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup blanched slivered almonds, plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, plus more for topping
- Spread a thin layer of oil into an 8x8-inch pan. Press a sheet of plastic food wrap tightly onto oil and pressing well into corners, set aside.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, add sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, brown sugar, butter, and salt. Melt together until smooth, stirring constantly to prevent bottom from scorching.
- Once thoroughly combined, remove from heat and gently stir in vanilla, almonds, and coconut.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle additional almonds and coconut on top of fudge, pressing down slightly.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours OR until firm. Remove from pan, peel off plastic wrap and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Terri Truscello Miller from @LoveandConfections.