Almond Peach Dump Cake
- 2 pounds frozen sliced peaches
- 1/3 cup + 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1 1/3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream for topping
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Dump peaches into a 9 x 12 or 9 x 13-inch pan. Use a fork to combine 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch together. Toss with peaches.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon almond extract over top.
- Whisk flour, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, and baking powder together. Stir in sliced almonds. Add melted butter and stir until no dry spots remain. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Dollop evenly over peaches.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes until fruit is bubbling and top is golden. Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving with ice cream.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments