Almond Rose Cookies
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour/meal
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rose water
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk or sift both flours well together until no lumps remain. Set aside.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar until creamy. Add egg and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, almond extract, and rose water.
- Add dry ingredients in one single step and mix until just combined.
- Roll cookies in tablespoon size balls (if too sticky, place dough in freezer for 15-20 minutes, do not add extra flour to dough) and place on prepared cookie sheets about 1 1/4 inches apart. Alternatively, pipe cookie dough using a large plain pastry tip in tablespoon size amounts.
- Sprinkle with a little additional sugar if desired. Place in oven and bake about 20 minutes.
- If desired sprinkle with powdered sugar once cookies have cooled. Cookies will last several days.