*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. If almond flour was previously frozen, mixture will be relatively firm enough to proceed. Otherwise, place mixture in freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. If you have an insulated cookie sheet use it, if not, place 2 cookie sheets on top of each another. This step will prevent cookies from getting too dark on bottoms. Line insulated or stacked cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of granulated sugar on a plate. Scoop tablespoon-sized amounts of chilled dough and shape round. Roll dough balls into granulated sugar and place on cookie sheets.
- Press a few almond slivers on surface of each cookie and place in oven.
- Bake until deep golden brown all over, about 25 minutes. Do not under bake.
- Amaretti cookies freeze very well.