Angel Food Raspberry Curd Napoleons
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Line a jelly roll pan (15 x 10 inches) or a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper. Do not butter sides of pan; set aside.
- Sift together flour and powdered sugar twice; set aside.
- In a large bowl whip on medium speed egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar, vanilla extract and salt. Whip to medium peaks and add contents of tea bags. (tea leaves – non steeped) Stop whipping and do not whip to stiff peaks!
- Using a spatula gently fold in the flour-powdered sugar mixture.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the prepared pan.
- Place in a 350°F oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger. The cake will initially rise and near the end of baking start the shrink away from the sides slightly.
- Run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the cake. Cut cake in half crosswise. You will be able to freeze one half of cake to use later. Cut cake in rectangle pieces of desired size.
- Meanwhile prepare raspberry curd. When properly set, stir raspberry curd to make smooth.
- Curd can be spooned on angel food cake or piped using a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4 inch pastry tube.
- Decorate with strawberries and sprinkle with powdered sugar.