- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced
- Caramel sauce, for serving
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in diced apple. Transfer dough into prepared baking pan and press into an even layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Let cool for a minimum of 15 minutes or completely. Then slice into squares.
- Drizzle with warm caramel sauce for serving. Can also serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.