- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups apples, peeled and diced
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Mix together eggs, sugar oil, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in salt, baking soda, flour, and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in apples. The batter will be very thick.
- Divide batter evenly between two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place in a COLD oven and bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This recipe comes from Sweetalk member Kathy Paddison who won Second Place in the Favorite Quick Bread category at the 2019 Louisiana State Fair.